Why using Trump as memes is not a help...


It's nearly a year since a pied piper of idiots assumed office in the White House. And what an interesting - not interesting, f*cking terrifying - year it has been.  

From his attempt to push through a travel* ban, to sticking up for a bar right movement, Trump is sure one for not proving people wrong. 

But there has been a trend that has escalated since more so since tango tits began to turn the White House into Trump House. Trumps use in memes.

Memes - animage, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations - are a strong part of modern life. I am sure there are many of you who are reading this from Facebook that are just using this blog merely to break up your meme viewing experience.

Trump has been an eye sore for the public since he announced his intentions to run for President of the United States back in 2015 - and arguably before then - and therefore we have found his Oompa Lumpa-like-face plastered across all sorts of memes.

The one I have seen most commonly has been this gif on the right, usually accompanied with a quote along the lines of "me when I'm asked if I'm drinking tonight."

This is where I think it can be rather dangerous. The problem I find is that when you use someone like Trump in a meme, the seriousness or past activities seem to be somewhat forgotten.

Using a meme, or a gif like the one above, could be seen or used to mock the person involved, but it seems to be used more so as involving the person in the joke. I don't think someone like Trump who has spread such hate and divide across America, and around the world, should be used in such a way.


I honestly think someone like Trump probably likes that people can use him to make jokes. It's a distraction. And if there is one thing this administration loves more than screwing over the little people and helping them and their friends, it's a distraction.

The man has backed Nazis. How people are still behind this man shocks me to my core, but using him in jokes and memes simply dilates all the evil this man is spreading. Sounds like a little thing, but everything builds from the bottom, right?

Share and comment.

You can read my other blogs at FeedTheSport and ScriptEye here.

*Muslim

Comments

Popular Posts