To those friends I rarely see...


We all have those friends that we simply do not see enough. Whether they - or you - have moved away, or maybe it's a case of falling out of touch, there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day for a meet up or a quick message.

Well, this is a shout-out to all those friends who I have this kind of relationship. I've managed to catch up with a few friends in the last few months who I have been like this with, and it's as if there had only been a few days since I had seen them last.

It just proved to me that it doesn't matter how long I can be out of touch with someone, if when we meet up we can get on like we haven't missed a day, then clearly that is a friend for life.

This is only a quick blog because there's no tip here on how to make sure you stay close with someone or how to meet up with them. Everyone is different - and I'm hardly an expert in that area. 

I always try to drop a message every now and then, or at least like something they post, just to let them know that I still regard them as a friend. But even if that doesn't occur, it is nothing to do with that person being considered less of a friend.

I guess what the blog is trying to say is, I'm sorry if we aren't in touch as much as we used to be, but if our paths manage to cross again in the future - near or distant - I promise we'll be talking like it was mere moments since our last encounter.

Share this with 'those' friends to know you're thinking of them.

You can read my other blogs at FeedTheSport and ScriptEye here.

Comments

Popular Posts