So, I've been away...


So, I've been away for a while, which is why there has been a lack of blogs (I'm sure most people were quite thrilled with that). I've been across the pond visiting the girlfriend for Thanksgiving and general merriment. 

I always love my trips out there, for reasons other than missing my girlfriend, who I miss very much. Sporting trips. Family outings. And the food is quite high up on the list (I think I ended up putting on nine pounds on). 

We managed to see the Boston Celtics in the midst of their 16 game winning streak, coming back from 18 points down in the match we saw. The one guy I really wanted to see was Kyrie Irving, who traded to the Celtics from Cavaliers during the off-season and has played lights-out this season so far; but within minutes he received a broken nose from his own team-mate, sending a somber atmosphere right around TD Garden.

The other sporting event we had the pleasure of attending was a college football game at the historic Fenway Park. Umass playing the University of Maine on the field more commonly used to baseball. It was my first experience of college football and it was a very good advert for it. A very high-scoring game that, despite there being big leads throughout the game, came down to being very close in the final few moments.

The rest of my time was just stupidly relaxing. Catching up with close friends and family was just what I needed. And it always helps that you're not at work for that period of time, also just what I need! 

Thanksgiving allowed me the chance to simply gorge myself on any food that was within arms length of me. The best way of describing Thanksgiving is as a pre-Christmas warm-up. It's everything we do in the U.K. at Christmas, minus the present giving. Thanksgiving was indifferent this year, for reasons I won't go in to, but it's still one of my favourite holidays, even if it means I have to diet like hell when I get back. 

I've already done a blog about long distance relationships, which you can read here, so I won't go into it too much, but we're starting to feel that the travelling back and forth may be soon coming to an end. Hopefully, I won't be talking about a long distance relationship for too much longer. 

Anyway, this is why I haven't blogged recently. Let's get back into the swing of things.


You can read my other blogs at FeedTheSport and ScriptEye here.

Illustration by Clare Lewis.

Comments

Popular Posts